About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, September 22, 2017

September 22: Cars & Coffee (and jerks)

Cars & Coffee. Not sure how this whole thing got started, but I have a niggling memory, that I read something once about a few people in California (where else?), who would bring out their interesting rides and get together for coffee Saturday mornings. Nothing formal, just a few car enthused folks out for caffeine and a chat. Now this idea has spread around the world and even Jerry Seinfeld has a TV show called Cars & Coffee. I guess Cars & Coffee sounds cooler than Stanley's Speed Shop Cruze In. Or whatever. Nice idea. A get together of like minded people with cool cars of no particular year, make or model. Just good folks.

One more thing these get togethers have in common.......


Yes, dear reader, there should be a section specifically for jerks. I subscribe to several car sites and every other day amongst all the new car info, there will be a video, showing the heroics of some jerk, who while exiting their local Cars & Coffee event decides to put on a bit of a show. And why not, I ask you? You have a great car, a captive audience and the inability to show what your ride can do.

The result?


Ouch, that has got to hurt (the pocket book). Only multiple thousands of dollars damage, in front of only hundreds (if you are lucky) people. And to top it off, one gets to go viral. Does it get any better? Hard to imagine.

Cold tires. Cold pavement. Lots of power. Mucho ego. Bad combo, folks. And there always seems to be a median stripe or a tree nearby to end the drivers' good times, as they spin helplessly out of control to the thrill of the crowd......


Price major repairs to a Viper lately?

And it ain't just American muscle hitting that immovable object.........


I'm not an expert in body repairs or damage, but I'd guess that anytime a car's rear wheels point in another direction, one could be looking at a little more than a weekend repair. And being a Porsche, that costly vacation may just have to be put on hold.


And the classic, "Watch out, here I come!" pics.........





A bit of damage. A bit of terror. And hopefully no injuries, although spectators have not been immune to damage, when good things go bad.

 And what montage would be complete without a Camaro in the mix.......


Jerks. Why not leave your local Cars & Coffee gathering with a substantial amount of over revving, but (and here's a novel idea) back off the gas before heading onto the street and into "What an idiot!" territory? Along, of course, with viral proof in perpetuity.

Cars & Coffee........


What better way to celebrate your local car culture than with an opportunity to bite the hand that feeds you? Think there might be some restrictions to jerk-like behavior at next week's get together? Count on it.

Keep watching for those exciting Cars & Coffee exit videos, since as long as there are cars and people, I can guarantee there will be someone who didn't get the memo.

Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment