About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, September 21, 2018

September 21: What is KM?

When you think Kia these days, I imagine the first thing that comes to mind is the over $70,000 Cdn K900. Seen as frequently as The Donald telling the truth. Rare indeed and maybe not really what one thinks, when the Kia brand is mentioned. More likely an suv or the new much lauded, over achieving Stinger is the picture that one conjures up. But there is another Kia, which we never hear about over here. Even your car guy hadn't heard about these other Kia's until this past week. This Kia plays with the big boys and supplies heavy duty military vehicles across the world. Well maybe not across to this part of the world, but they're probably trying.

Kia military, KM for short, has some interesting stuff beautifully painted in eye catching camo.........


Trucks like this KM1500, which like most heavy army vehicles, come in a variety of guises, all serious. But going from the sublime to the ridiculous, KM also has just the right vehicle for small conflicts, not requiring anything too intimidating.......

Got a dispute with your neighbour? Roll out this little war machine to quickly bring about a resolution. Perfect for the Canadian forces against our bully to the south. Nothing over the top, just something to let them know we are here.

Then there are the other KM heavy rollers........



Now if you are thinking, "I've seen these before.", you are kind of correct, as they are very similar to a couple of trucks we have in Canada and the US.......



No idea why they are basically the same vehicle, but maybe there was some sort of marketing arrangement?  Or maybe the dies were sold to help a growing company? Do some research and let me know.

KM also has a Hummer type truck, which thinks it can take on any challenge anyone throws at it.......


......and they are probably right.......


I don't want to give anyone ideas, but these look perfect for a small town police force, that wants to present a serous face to any local scofflaws.

So there you have it, KM, the other side of Kia. The side most of us will never see or never have the opportunity to buy (as if we'd want to). But I'll settle for the other Kia. The one that is producing a variety of very nice suvs and to me, more importantly, the in your face Stinger  -  365 hp and the suspension to be able to put all that glorious power to the pavement........


Until next time......


No comments:

Post a Comment