About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, December 7, 2018

December 7: Electrifying - part 87

It's drop dead gorgeous. See one go by and I always pause to check it out. Even that hideous gold chrome wrapped one, that I see way too often. More lines on this thing than a 3rd grader can count, but they all work. And it's electric......


BMW i8 - stunning
Just goes to show you that BMW designers know how to put pencil (remember them?) to paper or whatever they use these days. Their electric creation gives the lovely Tesla S a run for it's money in the electric car beauty contest. But does lightning strike twice? Take a look at the i3, which was introduced at the same time and let me know.......

BMW i3 - stunned

Again with more lines than that 3rd grader can count, but in this case they go all over the darn place. A confession.......my dear wife thinks it looks cute. A Miss Congeniality winner for sure.

Like all the car companies, the electric flood gates are opening, which means more new products that can avoid gas stations, except when they need a wash. BMW has called upon those i3 designers to work their black magic on the next addition to their electric line up, the appropriately named iNext........



Smart that it is an suv. The design? Well, it's different. Looks like those i3 boys have a fondness for lines which are, hey, let's be kind and just say that they are unconventional. Is that good or bad? You decide, sister, after all it will be your money.

And to a self acknowledged automotive historian like yours truly, it bears a passing resemblance to this well known and unfortunate blast from the past.........


Have the i3 guys been checking the history books?

BMW is a bit of an enigma. They pull beautiful designs like the i8 and the new 8 Series out of their hat, then they drop something like the iNext on an unsuspecting and unprepared public. Good ol' BMW, what are they thinking (or smoking)?

Until next time.......


No comments:

Post a Comment