About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

October 8: Muscular marketing

So cute and a great way to market those amazing(?) energy drinks of yours, that apparently give you wings. Maybe, maybe not, I don't use them so I don't know. Since I prefer driving, I don't think I'll bother. Now, a couple of coffees a day are another matter. Milk only please.

Back to those custom built marketing tools. Wonder who buys them when they run out of energy?

Red Bull, the international brand, that reaps money like my hundreds of model cars collect dust. The cost of  these mobile marketing tools are a mere pittance, compared to the multi millions Red Bull spends in Formula One and many other sports. But I digress, the kinder and gentler rolling marketing tool is taking an aggressive turn. For the better or worse, you decide.

The other day, I saw their latest and very muscular rolling advertisement.........

 


Now, what the heck does this say about Red Bull? Maybe their drinks now give you more than wings? This is their latest AEV, armoured event vehicle. Go figure. Whether it is actually armoured, who knows, but quite a change from those adorable Mini's. The basis of this scary beast? Check it out.......


A Land Rover Defender 130. Take off a few panels, add a few more, matte black paint, some graphics and Red Bull's latest is all set to scare small kids. Park this on your block on Halloween and no one has to worry about running out of goodies for those goblins.

Doing some research, I found that this isn't the first of Red Bull's urban warfare machines......


Nor is it the second........


Where have I been? I guess selling those energy drinks is a tough business these days. Fighting for shelf space can get messy.

No longer is there a place for those fresh faced young lovelies giving out samples, if you would like one.......


..........now you will like one or else.......


Ah, how marketing has changed, as we move into the trench warfare being fought in grocery stores across our great land. Pull up in Red Bull's latest AEV and decimate that pesky competition.

Muscular marketing or simply moving with the times?

Until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment