About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

December 17: All I want for Christmas

In my world no one gets a car for Christmas, but in the world of my clients, that kind of gift is not so unusual. Oh well, so much for being born into reality. Want to dream a little? Hey, it's the week before Christmas, so take a few moments, relax and treat yourself to a daydream of what would be in your driveway on the 25th, if wishes came true?

It's a dream, so anything goes and a good time to show you what the Car Modeling Cat (CMC) and I might put under our Christmas tree, if baby Barry had been born to high rolling parents........


This year we're going to go with a old car. One that was unusual in its day and is simply bizarre now. Looking at the CMC checking things out, you can see what I'm about to show you, the unusual and Batmobile styled 1959 Chev El Camino, a car made into a pick-up.......


......and a pick-up that featured the same wild wings, that the crazy looking Chev sedans and convertibles wore so proudly. When you check out the bar of soap styling of so (too) many of our cars these days, this one sure stands out from the crowd. Even back in its day no one mistook it for anything else. A different time, my friends.

Check out that line in the ad below........ "Chevrolet brings you the brightest new idea of the year!". Happily oblivious to the fact that their #1 competitor had a similar car (truck?) in their line up for the previous two years. Ah, truth in advertising!

 

As usual the CMC and I worked our modeling magic on this oldie to make it look as close to the real thing as possible.......

 

Back to Christmas wishes or dreams. What is on your wish list? A new Tesla, a hot Mercedes, the new Corvette or a classic oldie? Go wild, as dreams are cheap, only reality costs. As to the CMC and I, we know we can get the El Camino of our dreams and this is how it will look on Christmas day.......


Yes sir.......unfortunately only an ornament hanging from our tree, but sadly not under it or in the driveway. 

Vacation alert.........yes, it's that time of year again. My wife and I will be headed to Spain on the 27th and back here on the 15th. As always camera at the ready for any Spanish oddities that I can share with you.

Merry Christmas!

Until next time.......


No comments:

Post a Comment