About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

January 28: Electrifying Spain

Live like a local.

My wife and I love Europe, the scenery, the history, the food, especially the food. On our recent tour around Spain, we made sure we stayed in the old, central parts of the cities, so we could experience them like the locals. Picture being 6'5" in an apartment meant for anyone under 6'. Yes, my head has just about healed. Lesson learned, next time we'll check into something a bit more modern with headroom for your blogger.

So, back to car stuff.......


Most of Europe seems to be ahead of us in going green and Spain is no exception, although this car seen in Valencia, might be taking this idea a tad too far.

Getting serious (oh how I dislike that word), electric cars (EV) are a lot more common here than what we have in Canada. Sure, there are tons of Teslas, just like in Toronto and everywhere else we travel, but it's all the other EV's and plug in stations that are rather rare here at home. Want to rent a BMW i8? Want everyone to know about it..........


Pretty hard not to notice, when courtesy of Hertz, the EV message is writ large all over the car. No subtlety here, although when it comes to an oddball like this Bimmer, being subtle is not in the picture.

Scenes like this were common everywhere.........

 

.......when in Toronto the only charging stations we see are a few spaces around shopping centres and grocery stores. And speaking of Mercedes, like in the bottom pic, their new EV line anchored by the EQC, is already alive and selling in Europe.......


This is a promo pic from Benz, but I saw the new EQC in the showrooms and it looks great in real life. So much better than the gas powered suv coupes already in their line up. Expect this EV here in a few months. Watch out Tesla.

Of course being Europe, there are always lots of other oddball ways, that motorists use to save gas money and save our planet. Vehicles from the tiny Renault Twizy EV to the ridiculous yellow whatever below it.......


And for awhile, a Smart sportscar was available, before saner heads prevailed.......


Electrifying Spain. Don't chuckle when you see some of these solutions, since North America is heading in this direction, just a little slower than crowded Europe. Give us time and maybe even Greta T will have nice things to say about us.

Until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment