About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

February 19: The BIG show

My favorite show of the year and more interesting to me than Quilting for Beginners or Crafts Made From Pet Fur. But I'm sure that those two also have their followers. No, the one I look forward to is the Toronto car show, more formally known as the Canadian International Autoshow. This is the place to see all the new stuff, that I'd been reading about.

First stop, the Mercedes and Volvo displays.......


Oops! I forgot that these two manufacturers were AWOL this year and following the lead of various other companies, that have started to abandon these yearly extravaganzas. Why you ask? Good question. I know that budgets are tight, but aren't these shows a great place to present your wares to an adoring public? Apparently not. Mercedes I can maybe understand, but Volvo? They are still struggling to be a top of mind luxury brand and didn't they want to show off their new Polestar electric line? Guess not.

So what did I see that I should share with you? How about we start with the eye catching (eye watering?) Canadian sportscar, the Felino.........


Yes, our Canadian hope springs eternal, as Felino calls their new entry "brutally gorgeous". Are they smoking some serious and now legal Mary Jane? This sportscar has been on the market for the past three years, but I'm pleased to tell you that I haven't seen any in my 'hood. Price? If you are that interested, look it up yourself, as I'm getting a headache looking at this bizarre creation.

Taking kids to the big show and after looking at a few cars, they are getting bored? Then drop by the Honda display, where an accommodating robot was carefully placing stickers on a Civic. Fun for hours!


Concepts are adult fun and usually hint at the brand's future styling direction (in the case of the Pontiac Aztec, disappointingly so)........

Hyundai 45
Hyundai Vision T
Infiniti QS Inspiration
What was new that might be life savers for their brand? 

First off, the Mustang Mach-e, because Ford is killing off most of their cars and they haven't done much electric to date........


Secondly, the 2021 Cadillac Escalade, because this model sells very well and in recent years has defined the Cadillac brand, not to mention, they need a very strong competitor for the resurgent Lincoln Navigator.....


And thirdly, the Genesis GV80, because the excellent and pricey Genesis nameplate can't survive on those wonderfully reviewed sedans........


And finally, the beautiful Aston Martin DBX, because Aston's gorgeous sportscars haven't been killing their competition lately and everyone knows that these ultra expensive suvs are a licence to print those proverbial coins (witness the Rolls Cullinan in the background)........


And now the Let's Not Be Subtle award goes to Mazda, who showed their CX-5 suv in this snowy scene, in case you were wondering why you should remotely consider getting an suv, just because every single one of your friends and neighbours has one.......


Does Mazda think you might not get it? Obviously.

So there you have it, my take on the CIAS. Eye candy for the masses and a touch & feel it afternoon for your blogger.

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment