About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

April 8: The trip home

It was a great trip, back in the days when one actually wanted to travel to the good ol' USA. A leisurely cruise in the trusty old '70 Galaxie to see the sights of Maine and eat lots of lobster. What was saved on that old Ford, could be spent on good food. Just one more state to cross, before the welcoming arms of Canada customs greeted you at the border, as you came back to Ontario. No worries, until driving through New York state, just south of the border, you see flashing red lights in your rear view. And an ugly blue and yellow state police car below them. Dammit! So close.

Yep, you guessed it. The Car Modelling Cat (CMC)........


.........and I have been at it again, this time recreating one of those super ugly New York State Police Dodges from the 1970's, in their thankfully short lived blue and yellow livery.

In case you didn't know, the CMC and I are avid fans of police cars, but definitely not behind us with lights flashing. We have a small library of hardcover books, on all sorts of current and vintage police cars........


.....as well as a large selection of patrol cars, that we've built up over the years, encompassing Canadian, US and Mexican agencies.......


Back to that NY State Police car. After a few years of plain old white cars with black roofs, I guess the powers that were, wanted something that would stand out, whether its lights were flashing or not. Do you think that they achieved their goal?


 Do you think that the CMC and I achieved ours? 

 

Another one for our collection.

And one more way to keep sane during these troubling times, when being at home takes up most of our day. A little bit of condo board work, a little bit of work work, some reading, a long walk, some TV, using our condo's cardio equipment and some modelling. A full day! How did I ever do it, when I was at the office most of my waking hours? Let's not make it a habit!

Until next time and stay safe........

No comments:

Post a Comment