About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

May 12: Red Flag and friends


How appropriate that this pic of Red China's Hongqi Red Flag limo should be tinted RED. This recent model shows all the class and design cues of a prime 1950's something or other. Only a few decades behind the curve, but featured with great pride in all of China's special events. Don't get too carried away, Barry, since they did update this model not so long ago......


Oops! I guess they missed the memo about how fender mounted single headlights were a design feature, that packed it in over sixty years ago. I guess good design ideas don't reach China as quickly as their wretched virus reached the rest of the world. But fear not, Hongqi does have some rather more modern looking vehicles in their product line.......




Contemporary with a grille that makes no excuses and an interior that makes no sense. Take a close look at that oddball design that carries over onto the steering wheel hub. And speaking of grilles, Hongqi seems to be taking a page out of BMW's book, chapter 12, which talks about how the car's grille has to be as large and possibly as objectionable as possible. Ok, so it's not in the same league as Lexus. I'll give them a pass on that point.

Everyone is doing electric. Hongqi? Of course and this camo covered suv shows theirs.......


Tahoe big and in profile quite attractive. How close will it be to the concept?

 

Actually, it will be identical, right down to that electric razor grille that so prominently announces the arrival of the Hongqi E115. As good looking as the better looking suvs anywhere. That grille of course will take some getting used to, but all the better for mowing down the proletariat.

Need we line up for this next BIG thing and hope to be the first on our block? Probably not. I keep reading about the latest Chinese company with designs on the world and specifically the US market, but show me a Chinese car that has made the trip. It'll come eventually and when it does, let's hope it doesn't look like this........


Until next time and stay safe.......


No comments:

Post a Comment