About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

June 10: Can you ever forgive me?

Read my blogs for awhile? If so, then you know my pet auto peeves. A while back I berated BMW on the turn their new front ends were taking. It almost looked like they were trending towards the horrific grilles, that Lexus so proudly places on the fronts of their otherwise, oh so perfect vehicles......

Make your car stand out!

Frighten small children!



It actually shouldn't surprise me or anyone else with eyes, that BMW was capable of an unusual design, after all isn't this the company that was responsible for the, let's be kind here, hideous suv coupes, that they started with the X6 above?

But I'm writing today to beg forgiveness for doubting that BMW could ever rise from the grave of peculiar designs. Case in point is their latest coupe (sedan or whatever), the 8 Series..........


Stunning in a pic, even better in real life (I thought the same thing recently about the gorgeous Porsche Taycan). Finally, light at the end of the design tunnel

But BMW had me worried, when they started showing a new and rather suspect new grille late last year......


A bit of a departure from the elegant and smaller twin kidneys, that had become this brand's hallmark. In comparing the two cars above, I wondered how this huge change would work, without looking like a semi truck or an escapee from a transformers movie.

Relax, Barry, for BMW pulled it off with their new 2021 4 Series coupe.......

 

Is this newcomer anything but beautiful? A departure from the past 4 Series, which were very good looking, but tending to be a bit conservative for a "Hey, look at me!", kind of car. No more, as this latest effort tries hard to push Mercedes off of the Great Looking Coupe pedestal.

Now, if BMW would only try to stop making each new design configuration, almost exactly like the last model. Come on, folks, I know you can do it.

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment