About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

March 26: It's the cops!

Relax, it's not the cops, it's only the beloved CMC, aka The Car Modeling Cat, at it again and this time with a couple of county sheriff's cars. As always, the little dear does her research to ensure that our models will be life-like and authentic........


She and I like building police cars and usually try to replicate a specific agency's cars, but sometimes we'll do an accurate representation of what could have been back in the day, but with no particular department in mind. Today we present two 1957 patrol cars, a Chevy and a Ford, from a California county sheriff's department.......



Similar but different, as that is usually the case with police cars. Whereas the Ford has one roof mounted red light and a hood mounted siren, the Chevy has two hood mounted red beacons (stop or else?) and a behind the grille siren (testing out what would become commonplace within a year or two). Both sport rear antennae and similar markings.

As per the highway patrol and many of the sheriffs' departments in California, both of these cruisers feature big for their time motors. The Ford runs a Police Interceptor, while the Chevy has the famous in its day, fuel injected 283 (checkout the markings proudly worn on the front fender). Speeders beware, as not much would be quicker than these two cop cars back in the day.

As always the CMC and I strive for accuracy in our builds and of course, even these fictitious cop cars are no exception. Prove it, you say? Happy to oblige........



Need I say more? Probably not and unusual for me, I won't.

That time again. The time to get pay back for beavering away industriously for the past few months and since it is cold outside, that means a southern holiday, specifically Mexico, one of our favorite hot spots. Back again with keyboard in hand on Tuesday, April 10th.

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment