About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Thursday, August 1, 2019

August 2: Who would think it?

Know what this is? I might be jumping the gun, but I think this might be the logo for the first Chinese car to reach our shores. Then again, maybe not. What I know for sure is that this is the actual logo for the Lynk & Co brand of cars that will soon to headed to Europe. This is an off shoot of the big manufacturer Geely, who among other things has rescued Volvo from going the way of that other Scandinavian brand, Saab.  Anyone who underestimated how well they would resuscitate Volvo, lost their bet, as that brand now features a stellar line of high quality vehicles.

Lynk & Co (sounds like a trendy clothing shop at a high end Toronto mall) currently has three vehicles in their quiver. Take a guess......a sedan, the 03......

 

..........and surprise, surprise an suv, the 02........


......and yet another surprise, the 03.........

 
 

 The question that is blowing in the wind is obvious, what might come after these "0's"? Good question and if your said 04 and 05 suvs of some sort, I believe you might be in the ballpark, or at least at the front gate. Maybe even a "coupe" suv (if you can't beat 'em, join 'em)........



Now, let's go back to that Volvo connection. Like many manufacturers (Kia, Hyundai, VW), one can make several car lines off of a successful (or not) platform. Geely is no exception. Here is the vehicle that the 01 is based on...........


See the family resemblance to this XC60? Not really, as they have done a very nice redesign cover up.

Ok China, we are waiting. Where are your cars and trucks? Only a few years ago, we would be laughing at what they might send over, but being no dummies, they have held off until they can sell vehicles up to date in design and technology. That day has arrived, along with the US president's tariffs. Might be awhile before this formidable juggernaut shows up here, but they will. Count on it.

And Lynk & Co, with their Volvo offshoots just might lead the charge.

Until next time.........


No comments:

Post a Comment