About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

November 12: Who's the Boss?

"Who's the Boss?" In the past when you read this line, you'd be reminded of a cheesy TV sitcom, but going back many years before that, this line could only mean one thing........


Yeah man, in the good ol' days of the late '60's, mention the Boss and only one car came to mind, the quasi race car, Mustang Boss 302. Bad TV was still several years in the future. Even today the Boss 302 is revered, which is kind of funny, since any modern day Mustang or Camaro will out perform this oldie in every way possible.

Those old muscle cars have their charm, though, so the fabulous and famous CMC (Car Modeling Cat) and I decided we should add one to our collection of scale model plastic cars. To say she is a hard worker is definitely an understatement and I'll never understand how a mere cat can read the instructions........


Anyway, the result of our work shows this icon in all its 1969 glory........


 
 

Looking over this extremely well crafted model (humility is not our strong suit), one just has to compare it to the real car to see how accurately the CMC and I have made this car come to life........


Is it real or Memorex? Hard to tell, when the CMC and I get busy. 

So how did this almost a race car do? On the track it won the 1970 Trans-Am championship.........


.....and from the showroom floor it sold a grand total of 1628 units. Not many, but then it was never meant to be a volume seller, more of a halo car. Now fifty years later with Boss 302's selling for huge money, it looks like it accomplished its goal many times over. It got our attention and that's why the CMC and I turned out our latest project.

"Who's the Boss?". Now you know.

Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment