About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

March 17: 2/3 of a good car show


What better way to start my St. Paddy's Day blog than with the emerald green(?) "Brutally Sexy" out of South Carolina.

This low and slow, but somewhat strange looking custom truck was built for the 2019 Hot Wheels Legends Tour. You build a car to compete with other customs, show up at the Las Vegas' SEMA Show in November and whoever wins, gets their creation reproduced as a Hot Wheels. And of course, bragging rights. A good way to spend a few hundred thousand bucks advertising your company, in this case Chad's Custom Dreams. Hey, it got me to write about it.

This car showed up at last weekend's Motorama Custom Car show in Toronto. Running from Friday to Sunday, but that terrible virus shut it down a day early, so this was 2/3rds of a good show. Lots of interesting stuff.

My favorites of the show? A knock off of the good guys' car in that '70's cult classic Two Lane Blacktop (Google it)...........


......and my favorite wheel of all time, another classic, the Torq Thrust........


 Where else but at a custom car show would you see things like this from Indiana..........


An old Soviet military vehicle? Not quite, this is a 1956 Volvo military car or something with a million mods. Called Sugga (Google it as well). A perfect ride for Indiana Jones.

Other oddities, from this rat rod truck of some sort........


 ........to this strange custom, probably based on a '30's car and created out of a drug induced haze.......


..........to this very powerful rod made to look like a spark plug.........


Dumb? Ingenious? Absolutely and also very creative, but this is what turns up at these custom car shows. Also an exhibition of guys building a stockcar, that they hoped to finish during the show. Fat chance, but by Saturday evening, they might have gotten 2/3rds of it done.


And what show would be complete without a few vehicles mounted on tasteless, but wildly extravagant rims? No picture could do these 24 inchers justice. Luckily I wasn't eating at the time.


No matter what I write or ridicule, you just can't argue with the craftsman (person) ship that goes into these creations.......


A good way to spend two or three hours of my leisure time last Friday wandering aimlessly around with a friend, checking out creations from the sublime to the absolutely nuts. Tiring? To a point. This tiring........


Not really, but this dead to the world pooch, put his trust in his fellow person that he wouldn't be stepped on as he slept the morning away.

Until next time.........

This brings up a question of when "next time" will be? I'll do my best to maintain my weekly schedule, but in these strange times, one never knows what the next day will bring.

Keep well. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment