About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

March 3: Mexican Bentley?

Hands up all you readers who have heard of Laguna Bacalar. 


 Of course, I can't see you, but I'm fairly confident in saying that almost everyone is sitting on their hands. Mexico is one of my favourite sun vacation spots and most of our trips have been to the Yucatan Peninsula and the Mayan Riviera. My point? Never in all my time there have I ever heard of the Yucatan's Lake Bacalar.

Now to cars, everyone has heard of Bentley...........


.........but have you heard of the Bentley Bacalar. Neither had I until the past couple of days, when this ultra exclusive new model was supposed to be unveiled at the ill fated Geneva Auto Show. Now logic tells me that Laguna Bacalar, which is five hours south of Cancun, must be one very fancy and exclusive locale. Bentley doesn't name their cars after landfills.

How exclusive? More about that in a moment, let's see what this Bacalar looks like.........


Yes, it's gorgeous, so that Mexican laguna must be pretty awesome as well. Some stats.......the power plant generates a what used to be impressive 650 hp, but don't expect to ever see one at your local or any other drag strip. Forget about calling your financial adviser, since only twelve are being built and all have been spoken for. No doubt a couple for the Sultan of Brunei, then some Arab sheiks and maybe one for Drake. Dammit! The price? Actually it's a relatively economical $1.9 million US. Less than those ubiquitous Bugattis.

 A family auto? Possibly, if your family is made up of hobbits, who don't mind sitting on the rear package shelf, since this rare auto is for two of the beautiful people and only two. When was the last time you saw a two seater Bentley? Maybe long before I was born. Another distinct feature? No top. Bring an umbrella and a stylishly shady chapeau.

As expected the interior is ne plus ultra, using trim of 5000 (!!!) year old river wood. Relax, Bentley didn't butcher some ancient tree for the Bacalar, this stuff was found on the ground. Who looks for trees like this and thinks, "Oh, this will work."? And where would you look for a 5000 year old wood lot, anyway? 


 Seeing a car like this makes me realize that I've wasted my time making a meagre living, when I should have been inventing a new cell phone or a super quick delivery system or even discovering rap. Oh well, a life well wasted.


Can't afford the car? How about a vacation in Bacalar? A quick check shows reasonable accommodation, so at least, when someone mentions this Bentley, you can reply, "Of course, I've vacationed in Bacalar, but I needed a four seater car."

Or you can call Bentley and get your name on the list for their next exclusive ride.

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment