About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Thursday, October 1, 2020

Eyes to the east, the far east, that is

Want to know what is on the horizon for us folks in North America? No, I'm not talking about the calamity called the upcoming US election. That will be discussed in a future blog entitled Truth is Stranger Than Fiction. I'm talking about what cars that we have a good shot of seeing here in the not too distant future. Where do I get this info? Easy, I cast my eyes to the east, to China and the recent Beijing auto show

 Let me take that comment back for this first one, the VW Phideon.........

Remember the old Phaeton, which crept away from our market a few years back, after hardly making the smallest ripple? Well, this car is alive and I guess, well in China. A super luxo VW complete with a wine cooler in the rear seat. Yes, this is very handy feature for those who want to drink, while someone else does the driving. Do we need this car back here? NO!

But how about this interesting Tiguan.........

A coupe suv in the price range that many of us can afford. Love the look, but a Bimmer or a Benz wouldn't make it thru your bank account, then this is the car for you. Supposedly China only, but we'll see.

Like this Audi?

So do I, but it's not an Audi, it's a Honda EV and possibly coming to North America sometime in the future. Maybe downplay the Audi Q8 look alike by the time it arrives here?

Like old Buicks? Or maybe like old Buick names? Feast your eyes on the new Electra........

All new Buicks get shown in China first, since that is where all new Buicks sell really, really well. Love the name for an EV concept. Bring back the past to show off the future.

Why in China for this next one.........


As Ford is getting a foothold over there, the Explorer will lead the way, but not quite our Explorer. Check out the front end of the eastern Explorer at the top and compare it to ours below. Theirs is a little more aggressive than the one at your local Ford dealer. Not sure why, but maybe we'll see it in 2022.

Not too many years ago, showing any car from China was laughable. Who knew that they would be trend setters. Who knew that what started rolling down theri highways, would shortly roll down ours?

Stay tuned for more of our future from the Forbidden Kingdom.

Until next time.......


No comments:

Post a Comment