About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Above all else, make it noticeable

When BMW decided to get into the EV business, they did so with this funny little gnome of a car, the i3.........

Strange looking in every way. I'm distressed to say, that when my wife saw one for the first time, she liked it! I have learned to live that down and accept that my exquisite taste in cars, is not always shared by others. BMW obviously wanted to have their EV noticed, much like Toyota's hybrid, the Prius. Like it or hate it, it's a Prius and it gets noticed. Selling from a stripper model at $47,000 CDN to a loaded up one at $69,000, the i3 impressed few and it has quietly been pulled from BMW's EV table.

Another Bimmer EV, the i8, that was intro'd at the same time has suffered a similar fate........

Although totally different cars, both of these shared one common element, the "Hey, look at me!" factor. A bit pricier than the i3, this one topped out just shy of $200 large.

Obviously BMW has this thing about their EV's standing out from the crowd. From the past to the present and the just unveiled iX..........

Less objectionable style-wise than those earlier EV's, but still a BMW that really doesn't want to look at itself in a mirror, at least not from the front. I guess like many oddities, this one will look better as time goes by. I still hesitate to embrace that new Bimmer grille, but here it is not the stylist's worse nightmare. Not as scary as on the new coupes.

The interior.......

Like with many of the new EV's, the dash is simplistic and loaded with those multiple screens, that are becoming the EV norm.

Price? Well, this model is a ways time-wise from local driveways, but let's just say there won't be much change from a $100,000 bank draft.

Be noticed while saving money at the pumps. Call your local BMW dealer and stand out in more than one way.

Until next time......


No comments:

Post a Comment