About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Step aside Aztec

 The queen is dead, long live the queen? Well, maybe not, as this queen of ugliness has been knocked off of her throne.........

 Of course, any true car aficionado knew that I was talking about that old charmer, the Pontiac Aztec (the Fiat Multipla was also a strong contender).

A few years ago (where does the time go?) I blogged about Atulux Automotive, an Italian design house, that has been round for thirteen (an unlucky number?) years modifying other manufacturer's vehicles into luxurious, but strange conveyances. Take for example that weird Antulux Ram 1500........

 An expensive oddity, that came close to deposing the poor old Aztec. Close but no cigar.

Time changes everything and Atulux is up to their old modification tricks, still looking for a good idea and still not finding one. Obviously those design school drop outs have found a welcoming home at Antulux. Behold their latest Frankenstein-like beast, the Palladium.......



What is this creation you ask? Going back to the Ram, which they love so much, Antulux has found yet another way to assault our senses. Want a Ram, but good taste evades you? Then maybe this is your kind of ride. Act fast, since Antulux will, thankfully, only be making ten of these. No, The Drake, has better taste, but I wonder about those oil sheiks or possibly a Russian oligarch? There must be enough bad taste floating around our world, that churning out ten of these unusually modified Ram pick-ups and then selling them should be doable. Price? Read on.

This is still a Ram 1500 pick-up motivated by a Hellcat Hemi, so at least they got that right. 

A closer look?

Sure, for $300K plus USD, this interior should look less truck like, although these days, pick-ups are far from spartan work trucks (unless, they are actually spartan work trucks). Done in good taste? Hardly, but it does match the exterior strangeness.

Want more?

Not sure what or why this is? Of course, it is a trunk, but it might be a drawer. A drawer that is also a trunk? Either way, look at what $300,000 USD gets the well healed of our planet.

So, do I get a seconder to my motion to remove the good ol' Aztec from the ugliest vehicle of all time and slot in this new contender? Rebuttals are welcomed and ignored.

Until next time........

1 comment:

  1. I am a car lover; thanks for sharing an amazing designs of my favourite cars. If you need cash for cars toowoomba so you can contact me. regards

    ReplyDelete