About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Feb 1st: The Car Modeling Cat's latest project


Here she is, the Car Modeling Cat, hard at work on our last project. This little sweetheart never fails to add her particular (perculiar?) skills to each and every model. Check out what we just finished......


......a 1965 Ford Galaxie 500 XL. Can I help it that I love the cars that I grew up with? No at all, but if you've read more than a couple of my blogs, you know that I love all types and ages of cars. This is not a problem for my wife as she has known about her competition for many years. A couple of more pics......

Should I have used the flash?

The thing that I really liked about the older cars is that they had styles that were definitely distinct from one another. You could tell the difference between the main brands immediately. Have you checked out the rear end of the new Accord, the Genesis or the BMW 5 series? Pretty darn similar  -  you can check out one of my earlier posts about this exact thing.

Take a look at the '65 Galaxie in this pic........


......and first compare it to my model (patting myself and the CMC on the back) and then with this '65 Chevrolet Impala........


One is razor edged, while the other is swooping curves. No identity problem between these two. Compare them to today's designs, while being quite good, they are as I said, too similar in many cases. Doesn't just about every car now feature the famed "Hoffmeister kink"? More about that feature in another blog.

Anyway, life goes on, as do car designs and every dog has its day. And so does the Car Modeling Cat.

Until next time.......



No comments:

Post a Comment