About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Feb 2: A beautiful Ferrari?

Ferrari's are beautiful or at least they are supposed to be.........

 

Of course, there have been a few questionable designs, like the Enzo or the F40. Now, hold on just a minute before you start frothing at the month and suggesting that I'm blind, please remember the old adage, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Well, now that is out of the way, look at what just landed in our showroom......

 

.....a real "beauty is in the eye....." example. This is the Ferrari FF, their version of a four by four, at least so far and until Ferrari produces their own suv. Like it? I think that its design is questionable. Really long hood and a truncated back. Brings to mind the old BMW Z3 hardtop that had a similar look.......


But this Bimmer was even stranger, a look so bad, that it my mind it makes the worst ever designed cars list. And maybe near the top, but below the Pontiac Aztec. At least the Ferrari FF had the length to set off its unusual look.


But Ferrari had other things in mind with the FF. A family Ferrari for all those dads and moms, who felt the need for speed to go along with their family duties. You don't believe me? Ok, look at this promo picture put out by the company.......


That is one great looking child's seat for your budding Nicki Lauda or Sebastian Vettel. This makes a heck of a lot more sense, than the recent Porsche 911 cabrio, we recently had traded in with two child seats in the rear. A Porsche 911, two kids and it's your only car? Strange and painful. Or, maybe I'm mistaken and this pic was meant to suggest that the FF could be Herve Villechaize's chauffeured ride ("Da plane, da plane!"). Probably not, he died many years ago.

You know what is really interesting? Yes, I know there are many things. But I was thinking that no matter what the car, there is always someone ready to modify it in a less than successful way. Know what I mean? You don't? Ok, so check out this FF mod.........


Why? Good question, which shall probably remain unanswered, at least in today's blog.

Anyway, back to our standard issue FF. Like it? Want to own it? Great, it is a 2012 with a mere 17k on the odo and a give away price of $249,000. Original list with options was about $425k, so luxuriate in the savings. And your friends won't know if it's four years old or brand new (hide the kilometres and lie to them). You can reach me at 416-386-3074.

Still not convinced? Then be patient and wait for the revised FF, the GT4 Lusso, which will soon be shown at the Geneva Auto Show. Not perfect, but a lot better in my eyes' opinion..........


If, on the other hand, you are just a tire kicker, then read this blog and move along.

Until next time........




No comments:

Post a Comment