About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, November 11, 2016

Nov 11: Welcome to Florida

Yes folks, it's that time of year again. Time to pack up and head south, if you happen to be one of those fortunate few, who spends their winter months in a sunny and warm destination. For many people from my province of Ontario, this is the time to head to Florida, to the welcome arms of that retirement state. Jump into your new Corvette, you know, the one which flaunts its speed with those 200 MPH vanity plates, that your wife warned you against getting. Why make yourself a target she said. Well, after all those years of wedded bliss, maybe you should have listened to her..........


Just over the state line, cruising without a care in the world, when you notice a sure sign of a Florida welcome in your rearview. And if that doesn't get your attention, a few quick blasts on the siren quickly pulls you over to the roadside, by those beautiful azure waters. Lucky guy, a personal greeting from Florida's finest.

Relax and take a closer look........


Is it real or is it Memorex? In this case, it's Memorex and it is a model that the Car Modeling Cat (CMC) and I have just completed to add to our extensive collection of state police cars. But the message is the same, Florida welcomes you with open arms, but buddy, respect those speed limits or one of our Hemi equipped Dodge Chargers will bring you down. Remember, Florida is not just palm trees and coconuts.



The Florida state police cars always have looked tough. None of those effeminate silver alloys wheels, that one sees on most of the state police cars in the southern states. No, these guys are all business. Sure, enjoy the scenery, but do it at the legal speed limit. Those dual exhausts are coming from a very powerful Hemi motor and they sure aren't afraid to use it.


 The CMC and I really like building these little scale replicas. Painted up correctly  -  actually this one isn't, but I'm not going to point out our error, as it is rather minor, and it still looks "right". And with the antenna(s) in the correct place, this one looks like it's ready to patrol the highways, on the lookout for those scofflaw northerners in their fancy cars.


And speaking of southern vacations, it's time for my wife and I to head to Mexico for a week of reading and relaxing. Our apologies to the CMC, but she and her apartment mate will have to stay in Toronto, contemplating our next build and sleeping. Oh, if only our lives could be so idyllic.

Until the 22nd.........



No comments:

Post a Comment