About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

October 10: Trust the Swiss

Trust those wild and crazy Swiss to come up with an edible car. Talk about being a conservationist's dream ride.


Just a nice little electric car, but with a difference. The Catecar was to be produced starting in 2015, but from my research, I can't see that it ever was. Flash forward to 2017 and the Geneva show, where those Catecar folks dropped a new vision on an unsuspecting, but still hungry marketplace. Hungry for technology and hungry for conservation. The perfect solution is Catecar's new Dragonfly. Are you ready world?


This cartoonish looking ride still retains the ability to be eaten by its owner, as it is made of woven vegetable fabric. Let's see BMW, Audi or Ford try that. To me, it appears that the folks putting together the display stand got a mite hungry and polished off that front door. Instead of trading your Dragonfly in, simply invite a few friends over and ask them to bring a good wine. White for eating the fenders, while a nice red would be pleasant with the roof.

Now about that roof.......


Yes, your eyes do not deceive you, as those are solar panels. Obviously a sunny day ride. Cheap to operate and easy to recharge. An hour in the sun gives you 5-7 kilometres of driving pleasure. Got any long trips planned? Take the train.

Cost efficient? Of course, as the little Dragonfly is meant to be produced locally, in order to keep those rising shipping costs down. Instead of a manual, it comes with a cookbook.

Now instead of cooking up a veritable feast on the way to Grandma's.........


......you and your loved ones can arrive in the feast!

Those crazy Swiss, what will they think up next? And will you be able to eat it?

Until next time........




No comments:

Post a Comment