About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, October 20, 2017

October 20: Bufori?


Everyone knows about this great Malaysian brand, don't they? What? You've never heard of it? But, I don't understand. Bufori.

Ok, I get it, I'd never heard of it either, but your erstwhile carguy has a book and in that book, I found this Malaysian treasure(?).  Hand built to each owner's specs and just when you thought or hoped all those ersatz 1930's copies were done, along comes the Bufori La Joya..........

Powered by a thumping big Mopar motor, the La Joya is sure to get you noticed as you cruise your town, weaving around all those redundant Ferrari's and Lambo's. The price? Well, if you need to be so gauche as to ask, this throw back roadster is a mere $140,000 USD. I was in Miami South Beach the other day and didn't see a single one. Strange.

How did this car come to pass? Just your typical story about three Australian brothers, who built a car in their garage for themselves and then saw a market for a handbuilt classic looking car. Haven't we all done that at some time or other?

Not to be limited to the limited appeal for a limited car like this, those ambitious bros decided to go after the big luxury sedan market. The result? The European named, Geneva.........




Featuring the instantly recognizable Bufori front end, which is a mix of, well, let's just say it is a mix. Moving out of the '30's into the British designs of the late '40's and early '50's, the Geneva stands out in the field of high rolling luxo sedans. Yet again, you feel it's necessary to ask about the price..........$360,000 USD, but since this is a hand built car to each owners specs, the sky is the limit. Or, if you are Elon Musk, the stratosphere is the limit (for now).

Bufori.......... Beautiful, Unique, Funtastic, Original, Romantic, Irrestible. Who would have guessed?

And to go with that, oh so different exterior, an interior to make any oligarch's heart go flip flip. Gorgeous to relax in...........


......or if the spirit moves you, work on your way to your next money making appointment.........


Notice the champagne glasses to fill to make those nerve racking decisions that much easier.

I know you are all asking how to place an order. As you can imagine, the supply is limited to only a couple of hundred a year, so a showroom in every city is not required. You live in the USA? Then that hot bed of car culture, Illinois, is the place to be to chat about your custom built dream car with Bufori of America. They must be inundated with orders, since their website is shut down. I should have known. But don't despair and keep saving, since a fine automobile like the Bufori can't stay hidden for long.


Until next time........



No comments:

Post a Comment