About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

January 8: My back pages

"If you were standing here this time last year, you'd have trouble breathing!"........and with those words that good ol' boy cop introduced me to the local police station. My gawd, I thought, they used to hang people for speeding?

I had been on my way to Montreal from my hometown of Saint John for a winter weekend. The reason? To show my big bro my brand new 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus. An eleven hour trip thru New England, that was made a little longer, when within spitting distance of the Vermont state line, a New Hampshire cop pulled me over for trying to get to Montreal a little faster while going thru his village..........


So having time on our hands over the holidays, the CMC (Car Modeling Cat) and I decided to replicate my first new car, with some changes. My original PSSP was like this model built so many years ago........

The 1971 model build
The 2018 version
But that was then and now is now, so while we did a so much better job of replicating this car, we changed the 2018 version to be closer to the pic in the brochure........



If you are sharp eyed, you'll see how much more detailed our current effort is than the model I built with my more limited skills back in the day. Shows you how the CMC can be such a great asset, as she insists upon accuracy in everything that we build together, which of course is everything we build, since she never builds anything by herself (glue on the paws is such a pain).


 So back to my story and the punchline. Returning home thru a terrible blizzard, I stopped to talk to a snow plow operator in the same town where two days prior, I had contributed to the local coffers. Surprise, the driver was also the cop. He said he drove the plow during the day and the police car at night. Small town, New England!

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment