About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, April 12, 2019

April 12: French kiss

So, here we are awaiting the onslaught, or at least the arrival, of the Chinese car companies and now we hear that the Europeans want another crack at our car market (for a bit of context, read my last blog  - without that info, you'll think that I've lost some very important grey matter  -  if you don't already think that).

Peugeot, a part of the powerhouse PSA Group is planning to lead the charge. Want a see a few of the interesting vehicles that they currently sell across the Atlantic? I thought so.

I love sedans, although if they start with those, they might as well not even try their luck over here. For me, though, this 508GT is a beauty and worth the trip across the Atlantic........


I know, I know, wagons don't sell over here, but surely it wouldn't be too difficult to do an suv treatment on this gorgeous 508. Fool us North Americans into thinking we are driving a real macho suv.

That was my preference, but in reality they need to to put up a big sign saying Peugeot SUV's Sold Here. And sure, they have a few.......



One size fits all? Not a chance, so they have a Goldilocks selection of contemporary suv's to make our North American hearts flutter with excitement. No sex involved.

And Peugeot also has a little family van, which as quirky as it is, might find a home over here, certainly as a panel version......


No boring numbers to identify this puppy, no sir, this is the Rifter. Go ahead and play with that name to your heart's content.

Of course, being European, Peugeot also has a vast range of small hatches, but best leave those in Europe, as our small car sales seem to be suffering from terminate disinterest.

The interesting fact, is that with a large company like PSA, they have several brands under their corporate wing, so any of those could be rebadged and sold here as a Peugeot. Nothing new to this ploy. Ten years ago, they started a luxury line, which they called DS. This could either mean distinctive series or different spirit. Or, more likely it relates to the classic Citroen DS badgeNot quite as distinctive as Lexus or Acura. Point is they could also pull a vehicle or two from the DS line to class up their showrooms.......



Now before you get all excited and start saving for any of these French delights, keep in mind that this is 2019 and Peugeot is targeting 2026 or before. The point is, when they do arrive on our shores, pretty certain that they will be offering the next generation of any of these featured vehicles.

So for all of you folks who get a new car every fifteen to twenty years whether you need to or not, you'll have another brand to consider.

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment