About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, April 26, 2019

April 26: Asian oddities

What is it? This pic taken on the dirty streets of Manila might have been the best vehicle, that I saw in this insanely crowded city on our recent Asian trip. Wearing out your brain trying to figure it out? Give up? Ok, this is a Toyota Fortuner........


One of many cars that I saw in this part of the world, that we don't get over here. Toyota seemed to have a variety of vehicles, that will never see the North American light of day.........

Vellfire  -  a luxury van for the wealthy

Sienta  -  funky, smaller van
Of course, many were small sedans and hatches that would be nailed to the showroom floor, if anyone did decide to have them break cover here. Cars like the those from the Proton Group, like this Saga..........


Sure, it's a lousy picture, but trust me, you don't need to see any more of it. Or that shipment of MG sedans, that were sitting on the dock in Brunei. MG, that famous old Brit sportscar that introduced North America to sporty open air motoring in a car that handled. Those days are long gone, so the Chinese company that now owns and uses the name has it on a small sedan and an suv. Oh my, how times have changed.

 Of course in wealthy Singapore and Hong Kong, the high rollers have to stand out in ways which perplex me.......

A "normal" Bentley would be too commonplace, so some distinctive graphics will help, when you are looking for your car on millionaire's row.......

 
A Rolls with white walls? Seen one over here lately?
Gee, I wish I could feel your pain, instead of just seeing it in that, "OMG, what have you done?", Bentley.

But, even among the the rich and famous, the odd piece of Amurican iron will stand out and get pride of place......


Sure, this done up Mustang GT is no Roller or Maybach, like the behemoths parked near it, but when the only other cars in Hong Kong from our side of the Pacific are Teslas (and lots of them), a few Mustangs will get attention. 

Asian oddities. Seems like a long way to go to get pictures for those reading this blog, but just one of the lengths that I'll go to make your bi-weekly read a bit more interesting than the fact filled pages of Car & Driver or Motor Trend

More to come.

Until next time........ 


No comments:

Post a Comment