About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Sept 25: Gentrification?

Gentrification. You know this term. It's what happens to beat up old neighbourhoods, when they start to become desirable for whatever reason. Those old run down homes get fixed up and start going for what would have been considered obscene money not long ago. You might consider it to be a stretch, but I like to use this term to describe what has happened to a small handful of suvs, like the Mercedes G Class or the Land Rover Defender. Both created to be rough and tough farm and military machinery. Well, I have another opportunity in this vein.........

 

Recognize this truck from news stories about the conflicts in the middle east or Africa (pick your country)? Rebels, the Taliban or the local army (again take your pick) jammed into the pick-up bed of what they call technicals, along with some very potent heavy artillery. Look closely and you'll see a logo that identifies this modern warhorse as a Toyota. 

Now here is the opportunity. Toyota also builds an suv version and has since way back when (50 years for those who desire specifics).......


.........and over the years, as you can see, this old warrior hasn't changed much, just like the Mercedes G Class.........


Too rich for Toyota? I agree, but for the urban jungle, this Land Cruiser 70 begs for a Lexus badge, a huge price increase and a subsequent line up of enthusiastic and well off millennials cash in hand. Great idea, right?

To make it even more appealing, have that snorkel as an option. Mercedes doesn't offer one and this is where they are missing the boat. Just the $2500 option to protect the privileged few from the puddles, that appear during a light rain. Hey, it's dangerous in those high class 'hoods.


So, Toyota you can thank me for making this painfully obvious suggestion. Another mundane suv that begs for gentrification. Time to go looking for a few good cows, that would gladly give up on life to grace the seats of yet another high roller mobile...........

"Lexus needs a high class hide? Sign me up!"




 Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment