About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, December 18, 2020

These are a few of my favorite things

 Yes friendo, it's that time of year again. Christmas? Of course, but I'm referring to those interminable lists, that everyone and their close relatives publish this time of year. Best whatever you can think from the past year. Should I be any different? Well, maybe a little, so my take on those tedious lists will be to simply show you a few of my favorite things.

Moving right along, this first one is an suv to die for, at least in its looks and at least in my opinion, ever so humble, the Hyundai, oops, Genesis GV70........


New from a company, that a mere ten years ago would have been laughed off the stage, if anyone suggested that they would be a style leader. An suv with a gorgeous look, that avoids looking like any other suv out there. Sure the Lambo Uris is a stunner, but it's at least six times the GV70's price. At around $50k-$60k Cdn, this is a luxury suv for everyday people like you and me (well, at least me).

But as nice as this suv is, it doesn't get the pulse racing like these next few of my favorite things.

Any Ferrari is a head turner, some more than others, but the new Roma brings tears to this car guy's eyes......


Seeing this beaut is the one time, that I wish I was The Drake. Not when thinking of cleaning his 30,000 square foot tasteless palace, but of having a small portion of his enormous wealth, so this Roma could be in my garage.

But why stop there, now that the new Bentley Bacalar is being seen in production form.......


A toy for those mega rich folks, that I occasionally (or infrequently) envy, this majestic ride is a mere two million US dollars. Would Bill Gates notice that pittance missing from his bank account? Be the only one on his block to have one of the handful (handful equals 12) being built.

Long to be a secret agent? If the British government insists on its James Bonds driving Aston Martins, then sign me up. This DB11 tugs at my heart strings every time I see one, which unfortunately is rarely....

Not a bad line anywhere, except maybe the bottom one.

Now let's get real and look at one of my favorite things, that most of us could afford........

The '60's were a great time for car design and this 1965 Chevy Caprice was to me one of the best. An important point........since it is a four door, its value is lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut (courtesy of some country singer somewhere).

And finally........

.......with apologies to my other little grey fur ball, here is my favorite tabby.......

You got it. No list would be complete without an appearance by that most famous feline, The Car Modelling Cat. A diligent modeller and helper par excellence. Sure, she sleeps thru most of our builds, but wakes up for the most important parts. An unbeatable asset.

My sincerest apologies for succumbing to the list syndrome, but even your humble blogger has a weak moment.

As I close shop until the new year, my best wishes for you to have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Thanks for reading and stay safe.

Until next year.........

No comments:

Post a Comment