About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Happy New Year?

 Happy New Year? 

So why the question mark? Used to be I'd be looking forward to the Detroit Auto Show and all the new concepts, but that like so many of these shows is temporarily(?) history. So, now I check online to see the latest reveals. 

Hoping for good things, I cruise my favorite new car info site, Carscoops. Oops, maybe not such a good idea, as laid out before me in all it's ugly glory is the upcoming Toyota Supra roadster.......

 

Be still my heart? I don't think so, as Toyota has taken their very well reviewed, but gawd awful looking Supra coupe and made it into an even uglier drop top. Yeah, yeah, I know all about, "It's only your opinion.", Barry, but surely my readers have eyes.

As my well informed readers know, the Supra and the BMW Z4 are the same car, developed in tandem, with each company putting their particular twist on things. What did BMW come up with?

Compare this tastefully done Bimmer to its Toyota cousin and tell me who got it right? Sure, Toyota's styling is on a peculiar roll these days, with each new model, including Lexus, trying to stand out in the worse possible way. Can't they hire some of the Hyundai designers, who are mining gold with each new model?

It wasn't always this way. Years in the rear view mirror, shows us a very appealing model from the 1980's.......

 
......followed up by another model, which cemented the Supra in the hearts of enthusiasts everywhere or at least in most places.......


Eventually becoming the daring of the Fast & Furious set worldwide.......


Even with all the icing on this car, it still out preforms its modern day counterpart in the looks department.

So back to my questioning Happy New Year. Looking forward to great things from the auto world and being beset upon by this latest Supra model. Oh, how things have changed and we can't blame it all on the virus. Or can we? Has some off putting design virus hit those folks at Toyota? 

Who knows? But if so, pray for a vaccine.

Until next time........


No comments:

Post a Comment