About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Electrifying looks!

 Have you noticed? Check out the picture below and see if you get what I've been noticing........

See what I'm noticing? These are the latest EV designs of a truck, that will hopefully hit the market before this new company runs out of cash, that they are probably going thru like flushing a toilet. Ok, give up? What I notice is that all the new EV trucks are really great looking. Smoothly futuristic with no resemblance to what is currently roaming our highways.

Sounding like a name from the Forbidden Kingdom, GM has just unveiled their BrightDrop (no spacing) at the Consumer Electronics Show.......

Peel back that unusual name and you'll see the newest addition to the burgeoning list of EV commercial vehicles. But what stands out is that great looking design. I can tell you that when these hit the road, I'll be ordering anything that FedEx delivers just to see this beauty roll up in front of my home. Extreme? Maybe not.

Why did it take so long to break the design envelope on these type of vehicles? Don't know, but I'm happy to see them. Another very cool looking FedEx van........

You know Rivian? This Michigan company seems to be very well funded and they've shown an suv and of course, another great looking EV pick-up......

Pick-ups these days are all pretty good looking. How does one stand out? Tell me that Rivian hasn't scored with their vision. 

But let's not stop there, as Amazon (you've heard of them?) also wanted an EV delivery van........

Between this van and the two FedEx's, I think the next year is going to be very expensive for me.

I recently blogged about the new Hummer.......

Yet another example of a new EV with electrifying looks, the 2022 Hummer.

Again, why did it take so long for the designers to come up with something new and different? 

Same old beer, but look at futuristic Nikola EV currently hauling this load of Bud........

And these few are just the trucks, as most new EV cars are just as good looking.

Notice what is missing from this brief preview? Does the name Tesla come to mind? Sure does, but their EV, while futuristic looking in the extreme..........

...... is also hideous in the same extreme. An outlier in every group? Let's hope Tesla makes a few major changes before this beast ends in their showrooms. 

Apart from the Tesla, our visual EV truck future looks bright. Will we all look forward to driving again, just so we can see these rolling sculptures cruising silently along our highways? Take the kidlings on a spotting mission.

Don't be silly, Barry, but it's a great way to get them out of the house.

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment