About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

What Are You Watching?

What are you watching? 

Sounds like an intro to a Netflix ad, doesn't it? Well, you can relax, it isn't . Over the past year (yes, it's been that long) us poor car folks have been barred from cruze nights or any other vehicular gathering. Poor souls? Hey, not so fast. My friend and I have come across several car sites, where an interesting YouTuber introduces us to a car that they either have or have come across. Watching these is a great way to stay sane, assuming that is the direction you want to take.

Let's look at a few of my favs.........

This first one is probably the most well known, Jay Leno's Garage.

Yes, it's that Jay Leno. Apart from being a successful talk show host and comedian, Jay is a car lover from when he was a mere child in Boston. Neat thing about Jay is that he doesn't ever sell any of his cars and he just buys ones he likes. His knowledgeable tour of each vehicle is very low key, like he was talking to a good friend, who he did not need to impress. I love his weekly shows.

One a friend recently discovered and passed along to me is Vice Grip Garage.......


 
This one is a bit unusual. Derek is a "down home", unpretentious kind of guy from Minnesota, who resurrects old vehicles, that have been sitting in fields for years and years. Would I ever have thought I could watch a guy fiddle with a car trying to start it after 15 or 20 years? Not likely, but I do. Derek is self effacing and his wording is strange, but fun to listen to. What he can do is amazing.

My friend has also told me about My Car Story with Lou Costabile.......

Lou is another low key guy, who does show and tells with any old car from muscle machines to old '50's classics. If you like older stuff, he is the guy to watch and when he opens the trunk for Trunk & Treats, you never know what he'll find (no dead bodies).

Tom Cotter has been scouring the US for years in his old Ford woodie. Along the way, he has written several books about his searches for old forgotten cars. The Barn Find Hunter pretty much sums up his raison d'etre. 

Dusty, dirty old treasures that have been out of the public's eyes for years are what Tom seeks out. He also tells us what the real value of these "gems" are.

Like very in depth reviews of new or older unusual vehicles? If so, then San Diego's Doug Demuro is the guy to watch. I like his comments, but he might be an acquired taste (ask my brother). Doug will go anywhere to see the car to be reviewed. Recognize the background below? Of course, it's the Big Smoke. This was taken in 2019, when Bugatti invited him to Toronto to review and drive the soon to be released Chiron. I told you, he'd go anywhere.

These are just a very, very few of the hundreds, maybe thousands of YouTubers out there doing videos of just about anything car related that one can think of. Life is short, but I still have a few years to discover new and maybe different takes on cars. Time well wasted? Absolutely!

Which are your favs?

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment