About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, March 12, 2021

You again?

 Ah, the good old days, when men were men and cars carried real names, not an alpha-numeric soup that no one can ever remember. If a friend is getting a new CT4, do you immediately know what it is? Maybe, but probably not. I don't really loooong for those days of yore when cars had real names, but it made things easier.

Hey, I'm not the only one who feels like this. Lincoln, who had a line up of the MKS, MKT, MKC and MKX has seen the light. All their new intros carry real names, like Aviator and Corsair. The latter being a blast from the very distance past. So, maybe Ford has also gotten the message.

Remember the unforgettable and unmemorable Maverick?

 

Really, who could forget the Maverick, although most of us of a certain age would like to? Show up at a cruise night in one of these and probably get spat upon. 

Well, folks, it looks like I got it all wrong and didn't appreciate the warm feelings that the name Maverick generates. How so? Check out this picture, courtesy of the car info website, https://www.motor1.com/ ........

Check out that name.........Maverick. Yes, friends, Ford is bringing back that apparently cherished name and putting it on a new compact pick-up. No complains, at least it's not another letter number combo. But Maverick?

Here are some guesstimate renderings based on the camo models, that have been caught in testing and the pre-production body above. Again these are courtesy of another website, KOVE'CA.RU.......



 We all know that the world, or maybe just North America, needs another pick-up. Sure we do, since we live in a time when millions of these trucks are sold yearly to a seemingly insatiable market. Just like the suv market.

Since Ford just brought back the Bronco, maybe we are seeing a trend here?  Maybe we can get a few other companies to give their new arrivals names that most of us can remember? 

Maverick? Not sure about the name, but I see a winner no matter what Ford called it.

Until next time.........

No comments:

Post a Comment