About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Looks Like a Rolls, but.........

 What's it like to be looked up to and copied by everyone? Well, I know what it's like to be looked up to, being well over six feet has that effect. I live with it and try to be humble, but it's oh so hard. 

But you may have noticed that this is a blog about cars, but what car is copied more than any other? Those of you who said Chevy Cavalier can go to another blog, maybe a very small one listing Donald Trump's admirable features?

Those of you who raised your hand and yelled out Rolls-Royce can stay. A quick look again at this icon before we begin......


Ready?


This is a Chrysler Imperial concept from 15 years ago. Maybe I should have started off with something a bit closer to the RR, but this one sure looks like a Rolls offspring to me.

Let's get a little closer.........

You doubt who the Russians had in mind when they threw this design up on their drawing boards? Look again........

Next up in our stroll thru the copycat files, the Geely from the Forbidden Kingdom.......


I rest my case.

A Rolls-Royce is a Rolls-Royce is a Rolls-Royce Not a Russian Aurus, a Chrysler concept or even a Geely. Copy all you want, Rolls is no doubt flattered (or severely pissed off). If you can't be original, might as well pick the low hanging fruit. Everyone knows what a Rolls represents, so knock it off. Don't try to convince your target market that a Lexus copy is close to being desirable.

Maybe some of history's car failures should have gone this route? Then again, maybe not, just fail on your own merits. Now there is a quote for the ages.

Until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment