About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Time on my hands.......


I hope you all know by now that when the CMC, the Car Modeling Cat, appears in this blog you are going to be treated to her and my latest pandemic relief projects. What better way to while away both our and your down time than checking out what your fellow human (and felines) have been up to.

First off, check out this 1976 Cadillac Eldorado........


Be honest. For a moment you thought that the CMC and I built this gold creation, didn't you? Oh well, I can certainly understand that, as our work tends to look like the real thing. This one below is our handy work and it is slightly more accurate than the real one above. The difference? The centre of the hubcaps are body coloured on ours, where as the real one has caps from a darker colour. car Yeah, I know, picky, picky, but significant to a Car Guy and his CMC.......

Fuzzy in picture only

Sure, we love the big old 'Murican iron, but we are far from being one trick ponies, or in this case cat and human. Always looking for something a little different to please our readers? Hah! To please ourselves. 

When this next model was released last year, I wondered who would buy it and yet, we ended up buying two. Go figure. This is a 1967 Ford service truck, which we turned into a fire department support vehicle.......


Think all reds are created equal? Think again, as this is definitely not the case. A little creativity with colours turned this white plastic truck into the correct red, with which all fire equipment is coated. Add some appropriate accessories in the back and we are ready to head out. A build of which the CMC and I are quite proud. Our second kit was done in the form of an electric company utility truck. Sorry, no pic.

Staying with service vehicles, next up is one which is quite different and much faster than our little red service vehicle......


Take your pic, the top one with the typical police hubcaps on a black heavy duty rim or the bottom one using Ford's regular Mustang alloy wheel. Both were used by the CHP (California Highway Patrol).

Over a year and this is all we have to show for it? Not likely, but how much time do you actually have to sit here and read about all the others?

On another matter........with my retirement looming, all the 1/18th diecast models from my office have to be assimilated into my treasured car room. Not possible. Here are some that are up for grabs, no cost, first come, etc and all you need to do is email me at  barry@havakar.com .......

2011 Audi A5 Coupe

Aston Martin DB9 Volante (cabrio)

1934 Cadillac V16 Aero Coupe

1938 Cadillac Town Car

Porsche 911 GT1

2006 Viper GTS and 2015 GTS R

Something to think about.

Until next time....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment