About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday: On Second Thought

Seldom do I feel the need to backtrack on my (humble?) opinion and I'm not really doing it here........read on........ I had a chance yesterday to "touch & feel" the 2012 VW Passat and Beetle. I originally thought that the Passat looked dated (see below).......

Passat  - made in US, hence the American flag

And to some extent it still does, but I also felt that it looked quite classy in real life. It's a large car with what seems to be a strong price point (car lingo for competitive). Now Passats haven't exactly flown off the dealers' lots, so the name recognition may be a tad lacking. On the other hand, one gets German engineering at an Accord price, so VW may be on to something. Anyway, I now feel it is worth a look.

The other new VW got my approval from the first time I saw it.........


This is the 2012 Beetle, better proportions and an aggressive look. The one I saw rode on 18's and looked aggressive as all get out. A look that might scare the previously predominantly femaleaudience away from it, but should widen its appeal to the guys. I can see this one being personalized in many different ways. One of the best changes in my eyes, is that the huge expanse of dashboard has now been dropped and it is like a "normal" car.

Anyway, that is the way I see it.

Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment