About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tuesday: Evolution

Porsche has just announced their 2012 911 and as always it is an evolution of their current model. It actually amazes me that Porsche can keep redesigning (and improving) their 911 and have it look basically the same as it has for years. I pride myself on knowing the year or approximate age of a car, but Porsche has me stumped most times. Take a look at the first 911 from 1964.......


And now this one from 1974........


And this one from 1984..........


Now let's jump ahead to 1999 and some "radical" changes.........


I think that you can now see some real differences as this car gets smoother and its design more integrated. Thirteen years later, Porsche has made more changes........


I tell you folks, apart from some different front air inlets, it is really hard to notice that this car is new. Sure, its slightly bigger, but I defy you to notice that as it drives by. A friend of mine has a 1979 version and he can point out most of the very minor changes from series to series, but he may be a special case (well he is a case).

The more they change the more they stay the same. How does Porsche do it?

I'm off to Richmond, Virginia tomorrow for my annual NASCAR weekend. I like the smaller tracks and this is the final race to lock in the Chase competitors, so it should be a lot of fun. Back to you next Tuesday.

Until next time.........

No comments:

Post a Comment