About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, July 12, 2013

July 12: Morgan - a wooden concept


I know the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a wooden car. Right, it's this wooden Ferrari cruising the Grand Canal in Venice, Italy. No surprise here, everyone does it. But I'm talking about a real car, not some pine or whatever curiosity. Think again car people. No other guesses? Well what about this car.........


My friend GID would recognize this right away. Yep, it's the Morgan Car factory in, where else, but merry old England. Yessir, they are making wooden framed cars to this day. My buddy would recognize this because he has a Morgan. Eccentric? I suppose. Can't think of another country where a quirky little company like Morgan could survive.

And talking about quirky, look at how they started........


The old Morgan three wheeler from the 20's and '30's. Get this, they actually still make this oddity along with this "traditional" Morgan.......


I don't think this sportscar has changed since whenever it was originally built. Old design, but with all the underpinnings of a modern car. Assembly line? Well sort of..........


Pull another body off of the shelf and deliver it to Rupert in the Cotswolds. Nothing like tradition, eh? And don't smoke near the frames.

Good old Morgan. Still churning out these old/new beauties and still having no problem finding buyers. As I said before, only in merry old England would you find an anomaly like this.

But Morgan is not all about the good old days, as they also build a very modern sportscar, the Aero Super Sports......


Reminds one of current Ferrari or Lamborghini? Well, not really, but it is a very nice take on a traditional design, although a bit heavy handed. Runs a 4.8L BMW V8, so power is right up to date and get this, there is still wood used in this modern interpretation.

Morgan. As traditionally English as treacle pudding, but not as sticky.

Until next time.......



No comments:

Post a Comment