About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sept 6: Red carpet time

Wow, how time flies! It's now September and in Toronto that means TIFF  -  Toronto International Film Festival. This got me thinking.......what do the celebrities (some may actually be good actors) drive up to the red carpet in? Traditionally you used to see big Lincoln Town Car limos disgorging their famous passengers on the red carpet, but that is changing.


Check out the lower right and note the name on this sport utility. Bingo! You got it, "Escalade", which has been the car of choice (probably thru an arrangement with Cadillac) at TIFF for the last few years. Makes sense as most celebrities seem to have an Escalade in their garage.

What else may appear at these special moments?


A Hummer? Why not, as for a short time these trucks were considered to be God like among those very cool people. Want something a little more traditional?


Yep, a Bentley sure would do the trick. But there have been other more, shall we say unique ways to arrive in front of those thousands of adoring fans.........


Sure thing, go to the other extreme and pull up in an old classic car from the 30's. This would certainly get folks' attention and maybe even make you stand out from those more illustrious actors and actresses pulling up in Escalades.

Want to drive yourself? Ok, how about this ultimate ride? A car that does not yet exist and when it does get released in a couple of years, it won't be as a convertible. May I present Tony Stark's ride of choice......


An 201? Acura NSX. This kind of display gets people talking for a long time and also makes all the car mags. Maybe even gets a few extra folks to line up for yet another Ironman flic.

I've never been to one of these events, but one day I may, just to see the rides. Life is good.

Until next time........



No comments:

Post a Comment