About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Oct 13: Nice rear end!


Nice car. Know what it is? Of course, you do, since BMW has done a terrific job of making their front ends readily identifiable as BMW's. No matter what the model, everyone with eyes, knows that they are looking at a BMW. By the way, this nice car is the totally and I mean, completely redesigned 7 series for 2016. The car that will rule the BMW line up for the next, probably, seven years.You know the 7, it's the big kahuna in the BMW line up. The car that BMW wishes more African dictators would use, instead of those, oh so common, Mercedes Benz S Classes.

Totally new and completely redesigned? Maybe, but below is a pic of a 2014 Seven. See the big changes?


Neither do I. Anyway, that is not really my point, for that let's take a look at the new BMW's rear end (and no nasty comments, please)........


Attractive, but  for comparison, let's also check out the new for 2016 Honda Accord's and the 2016 VW Passat's butt.......


Also quite attractive, but while we are at it, let's also look at the Lexus GS's rear.......


Aren't they all nice? Sure they are, but do you notice how very similar they are, as well? Seems to me that, if you are paying designers millions of dollars to make your car look good and maybe even differentiate it from the rest of the herd, you might at least be able to make it substantially different. Too much to ask? I wonder.

Is this the only way to make a rear end look? Let's see what a couple of other companies have done to make their cars stand out, as one approaches them from the rear........


Lincoln's MKZ is completely different. I know, this is a pic of the concept, but it carried over 100% into production. Stand out? Probably as well as the BMW, the Honda and the Infiniti. don't you think?

Or what about the new Cadillac CT-6 (what an awful name)........


Doesn't look like a BMW does it? Or a Honda. Or an Infiniti. Or anything else. So, we see what other designers have and can do to make their cars stand out and to make them look good while doing so. Is it that hard?

So before we leave this rant, let's check out the new Jaguar XE back end.........


Ok, so I give up. Apparently, it is infinitely harder to design a car's rear end, than I ever could have imagined. This Jag, not only mimics the overall look of several other cars, it also pics up their roof line at the C pillar. 

I give up.

Until next time.......



No comments:

Post a Comment