About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, October 23, 2015

Oct 23: Want to buy Ferrari?

Hey, want to buy Ferrari? No joking, do you want to buy Ferrari? Well, to be honest, how about a piece, a small piece of Ferrari? Sure, who wouldn't want to own a piece of this Italian icon? This week Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Ferrari's owners put out a stock offering of this famous brand, selling off a few million shares. Not terribly expensive, in the mid $50 range, so one could buy a few shares and not be too deeply in debt. And as a shareholder, shouldn't you have a few owners' priviledges? Think about that for a moment.

If you love cars or even just like them, you probably have a favorite Ferrari model. I have a few, so since this is my blog, let's enjoy my idea of an Italian beauty. And please let's not get too hung up on the names, as it is very confusing to remember the exact designations (Google them).

Starting with the present day, this Italia, even in a blasphemous white, is lovely.......


 The lines are so pure and free of any strange appendages. What is unusual, at least for me, is that this is the only mid engine model, that makes my list. I prefer the big motor to be in front of the driver most of the time.

Need a few extra seats, well two, then maybe this one is better for you..........


Again, front engined and with very smooth lines. When is the last time you saw one? I live near a very affluent area and it's not unusual to see Ferrari's, but I don't believe one of these has ever entered my sight line.

Now going back to the earlier years.......

 

This Lusso is the only Ferrari which I actually own, although in a much more affordable 1/18th scale. Probably my all time favorite. Look at that long, graceful hood. This car looks ready to pounce.

This next one is probably one of the most affordable prancing horses, since this 400 doesn't seem to get much respect from the Ferrari cognescenti........


I love the lines, but that would make me one of the few. So what, beauty is in the eye, etc.

Or how about this one.......


Yeah, I know, very square and upright, but again, beautifully proportioned. On one of our European river cruises, I met a guy from California who had this model. I was probably the only other person on the boat who either knew what it was or liked it. His was red, of course.

Another gorgeous red ride, a Daytona........


This Summer I saw a red one drive by our condo several times early Sunday morning, probably the only time the owner felt safe driving his million dollar ride in the city, when there was no traffic. A bit of trivia.......did you know that the Rover designers are said to have copied this model, when designing their 3500 from the '70's?


Take away that extra door and it's mighty close. I digress.

Back to beautiful.......


My apologies, that I'm not presenting my favs in Ferrari red, but what's in a colour?

All front engined and all. in my opinion beautiful. All feature simple designs. Sure, I can also be seduced by a current front engined model, with lots of eye catching design details, such as this F12........


Long hood with a swept back cockpit. Give me the lottery winnings and this might be the Ferrari sitting in my underground parking garage.

Yes, we all have favorites. One last dream before closing for the weekend. Remember a Ferrari with fins? Hard to believe that this brand succumbed to the favorite design element of the '50's, but they did. And what a name........the 410 Super America Super Fast.......


Appropriate that it be beside a jet. Not saying this is one of my favs, because it isn't, but a striking design well executed. Never seen one of these, either.

So back to those shareholder priviledges. When it comes to Ferrari, just what should they be?

Until next time......



1 comment:

  1. Ferrari is such an amazing car, I'm planning to buy a Ferrari car next month. Your blog is very nice, keep blogging!
    Mercedes Bangkok

    ReplyDelete