About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, June 17, 2016

June 17: Super ugly $

 Look at those seductive lines. The come hither, "do with me as you will" look. The "ride me all night long" promise. The.......oh, I'm sure that you get the picture by now. Yes, I admit the model is quite attractive, but is there anyone reading this blog who didn't for one second doubt that, I was referring to the lime green dream machine that, she is so carelessly leaning against? Maybe I should have started with this sideview and skipped the double entendres? No fun in that.


Beautiful Lambo. In my opinion (the not so humble one), there is not a line out of place. Fast? You bet. Common? Not really, but not super rare either. So, here is your dilemma. You have tons of money, you like hyper speed, but your neighbour also has one (at least in the neighbourhood that you live in). What to do? Of course, if you are the kind of person who gets their crank turned by supercars and have the coin, then there are rarer options. Now herein lies the rub. It seems that most of these ultra rare, ultra costly, ultra fast machines are also, ultra ugly. What, you don't believe me? Ok, so let's take a walk.........

Our first stop is at the Spyker display. It has all the prerequisites that I've listed above, including the unfortunate last one, it is super ugly. Come on now, even you, the one with the diminished eyesight, can see that this lump of a ride, wouldn't win any beauty contests. Sure, you won't find another in your 'hood or probably even your city, but would you really want to be seen in it?



Let's move on, shall we?

Say this name a few times quickly......Spania GTA Spano. Imagine answering the car person question at your next party, "So, what do you drive?". By the time you've finished saying, Spania GTA Spano, the questioner has left to meet the lady(?) in the first picture. Again, unfortunately, this one ticks all the boxes........


Actually, to be fair, there is not one bad line on this car, all of them are! But, yes, I know, you'll stand out and there won't be another one parked down the block.

Now in this next case, I wish they had kept the cover on this beast and I think you will as well, once you see what was being unveiled recently and very proudly, I might add.........


 So, should the cover have stayed on this Mazzanti Evantra Millecavalli (say it and spell it without looking).........



A boy racer's dream machine, but this shouldn't be seen in the company that you, our ultra wealthy imaginary car person, keeps. By the way, the millecavalli part of its name comes from the fact that it has a 1000 HP motor. That is so yesterday, since Bugatti has been running this power, and more, for years. Is so much money spent on engineering that, they had to get the local hardware store owner to design it between selling weed whackers?

Now every good blog, needs a grand finale, so let's assume that this is a good blog and finish off with this piece de resistance.......


How appropriate that the person looking at it has oil money written all over them, since that is what it would take to purchase the Devel Sixteen. And of course, this car has all the same attributes that make the other cars I've featured stand out. And again, not in a good way. In case you were wondering, the Devel Sixteen has 5000 HP and a top speed of 560 kph or 350 mph. You know where you can see that top speed? Nowhere. But in this case, you'll be the only one in the country with one (thank goodness). How's that for exclusivity?

After all that ugliness, let's cleanse your visual palate with a great looking supercar..........
.......and who cares if all your neighbours drive one?

Until next time.......



No comments:

Post a Comment