About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, June 2, 2017

June 2: Happy Anniversary

Yes, it's that time of year again, the anniversary of a great union, that started way back in 1979. Gosh, that seems like a long time ago and I guess if one does the math it is. On the other hand, the pyramids were built thousands of years ago, as was the Acropolis in Athens, so thirty eight years is less than a drop in that proverbial bucket.

Remember your wedding or ones you've been to? Remember how the bride and groom were driven off to their future together and what they were driven in? My point? Well, this is a car blog, so as I wax poetic about my very happy marriage to a great lady, I need to have some sort of a tie in to cars. Yes? Yes!

Pick your vehicle and at some time, it has probably had the trappings of a wedding car attached to it. Vehicles from the traditional, at least for you high rollers.........


...... to the, shall we say, unusual, like this Russian Cinderellamobile converted PT Cruiser........


Pick your vehicle and at some time it has shown up adorned with wedding day paraphernalia and who has done it better than these folks.........


Wonder why that poor dude on the left is shedding a tear? Maybe the flowers came from his garden or maybe it is his car and he'll have to clean it up afterwards? Or maybe he has a simple case of hay fever? Worth getting married just for this experience.

Want something a little more personized? What says happily ever after more than each of you drivng away from your wedding in your own smart car?


Or possibly foreseeing the marital battles ahead of them, like this couple, who thought that this tank would send the proper message.........


I agree, it does show a touch of forethought and class, although I wonder if retaining its original camo paint might have been a bit more to the point?

But, if your wedding day taste strays to nostalgia and just a bit phoney nostalgia at that, then these "old" cars are right up your alley......



Coming soon? Going soon would be better. Ersatz nostalgia and ersatz luxury. Who could possibly forget your wedding day, when one of those rides whisks you away to your future? No sir, if nostalgia is your thing, then nothing beats the real deal, as you roll large in your Roller........


Personally, I like the thoughts of this couple who might be jumping the gun with the till death do us part line. Do they know something the others don't?


Give me tradition and tasteful tradition at that.........


Although looking back, our own wedding day ride was very distinctive and quite possibly stood out more than any of those shown above. What could possibly trump (there's that awful word again) any of these standout rides? How about a kind of recent dark blue Volvo two door?

I thought you would think that.

Until next time........


No comments:

Post a Comment