About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, May 4, 2018

May 4: Look what's coming.......

Where else but China could this picture be taken? Not something you would see in Canada or the US. When I pull in to my neighborhood supermarket in Toronto, the only spots that are empty are the twenty charging stations. Ok, maybe there is the odd Tesla. That's it! But China is obviously an entirely different matter.

When was the last time you read about a new North American electric car (EV) being brought to market? I thought so. On the other hand, it seems to be a weekly occurrence, that some Chinese company is raising the capital to fund, yet another new EV. Don't believe me? You need to read more.

Here is what I've come across lately........



This peculiar looking concept was by Zhiche Auto, which has since changed its name to Singulato. Futuristic and unlikely to hit the market, but their "real" EV has just been shown to the home market. "Real" meaning the one that they expect to be able to produce. Mainstream suv styling, but getting the jump on Rolls-Royce's about to be introduced, new Cullinan with those suicide doors. Should RR be worried?


One down, several to go.

WM Motors has shown three different sized suvs, with the promise of the first one coming out later this year and then a new one each year until 2025! Love the optimism. The reality? Who knows. Anyway, it's great looking..........


Another suv?


Gee, is anyone surprised? This EV is from NIO Motors and is creatively named the ES8, a high performance suv. So what can we expect from the ES9? Sure, a super high performance sportscar.........


And why the heck not? Their execs have to drive something other than just another suv. Production? Any day now according to NIO.

Wondering what EV Xiaopeng Motors has planned? Could it be another suv?



And again, why the heck not, as that's all that is selling these days. Why waste money developing a sedan, which will become a stationary ornament for your showroom?

So, folks, this is the latest from the Forbidden Kingdom. Most of these are China only vehicles, something a company can pull off when the populace tops a few trillion. Any bets on how many new EV's have been announced while I laboured away at this blog? I'll get back to you on that.

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment