About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Thoughts

Let's start with my pet peeve......don't people realize that daytime running lights don't operate their tail lights?? Too many times I have driven behind a car at night with no back lights  -  even pulled along side one at a light to tell them and they looked at me like my spaceship had just landed!

Some interesting US figures from Automotive News courtesy of Car & Driver........
- in 2010 Smart cars' sales dropped 59%! What does that tell us?
- the Prius outsold the Honda Insight by 6.7 times  -  nobody knows Honda sells hybrids?
- the BMW 7 series ($100,000+) outsold the Mitsubishi Gallant ($22,000+)  -  probably similar in Canada when the Gallant was last sold here in 2010.
- Mazda sold about 6370 Miatas, about the number of Camaros sold in December

Great end to the Nascar race in California yesterday with 2 passes for the lead in the last two laps. F1 had a typical race - watch the first few laps and know how the race would end.
Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment