About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday: Car Models


How many times have you seen this and breathed a sigh of relief that it wasn't you? Well in this case you would have gotten away since the police car in question is only about 8" long. If you have read any of my earlier blogs you know that I build plastic model cars. My tastes are rather eclectic and go from current models (like the Charger above), to the '50's, '60's, some drag cars and police cars (again like the North Carolina State Police Charger).


I don't worry about engines and usually glue the hood shut. My thing is called "curbside", which means that they look as real as possible sitting on a shelf. Things like accurate antenna above, licence plates and chrome trim all have to be accurate and in place (see below).

1964 Ford Galaxie 500 XL

Been doing this for over 50 years and have every model I've ever built lined up on the shelves of my basement car room along with my library. Great way to pass the time and engage in "mental mouth wash". As well, I get to own any car I want without having to pay the big bucks  -  tough to drive them though.

If you have read the earlier blogs, then you also know that I always have help in building my models.........

The Car Modeling Cat at work

The Car Modeling Cat always appears on the scene when I start to work on a model. Can't say she adds as much as she thinks she does, but a willing hand (or paw) always helps.

Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment