About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Jan 20: Cats and Cars


The Car Modelling Cat and I have been hard at work or at least we were over the holidays. This pic is of the chopped '48 Ford custom coupe that I recently mentioned I would post. This is done in the style of a 1950's custom with Cadillac hubcaps and red "lipstick" trim on the wheels.


I like simplicity, so no flames or added on body parts, just a chopped or cut down roof. The nail polish pink paint really suits this type of custom.

Here is another model that the cat and I finished in the Fall......recognize it?


This is the famous 1963 Chrysler Turbine car. They made 50 of them and gave them out to various people to test. President Lyndon Johnson had one for a while. They also toured the dealers throughout Canada and the US. I saw one being unloaded in Saint John, New Brunswick  -  the exhaust was extremely hot and would have cooked a few legs and dogs if it had gone into production.

Since they were experimental cars, they had to destroy most of them after the testing was complete. I think about 3 or 4 survived. Jay Leno has one in his vast collection.

Recently Chevrolet celebrated its 100 anniversary, so I thought I'd show you my all time favorite Chev model (in real life and as a model)........


This is a 1965 Impala SS. The colour seems extreme today, but back then, Evening Orchid, was "subtle" and quite lovely  -  take my word for it. The Car Modelling Cat thinks it's sublime.

I was hoping to make it to the Detroit show today, but work and weather conspired against me. Oh well, such is life.

Until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment