About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Jan 27: Wild Off the Streets

Any true car guy always wants more and more power to go with the handling, braking and general all around competence of his ride. There is one type of vehicle though, that has huge power and handles very well, but I have never gotten the point of it. This is the hot rod suv. Why muscle up what should be a great off road or winter vehicle to the point where it is neither? Wouldn't it be better just to get a hot sports sedan?

That being said, if you have money burning a hole in your bank account (and don't feel particularly generous towards me), then here are three that are top of their class.......

1) 2012 Jeep SRT8 with only 470 HP...........

Well respected as a performance suv, that can actually handle up to an inch of snow. Looks great  -  aggressive front end leaves no doubt that this is a serious (or scary) machine.

2) 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML63.......

Comes with 517 HP, but if not enough, the performance package ramps it up to a "slightly" hotter 550.

3) 2013 BMW X5 M........

The Big Daddy of these three with 555 HP. Perfect for a Sunday Summer drive to your local drag strip  -  teach humility to some of the so called normal hot rods you'll find there. I wish though, that BMW tarted it up a bit like this "in your face" version........



If you are going to drive Godzilla, make it look every inch of the part.

So do you think I'm jealous just because none of these are in my budget or do you also wonder about the need for an off road power house with a zillion horse power?

Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment