About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, March 16, 2012

March 16: Cats and Cars

Anyone who has read my blog knows that I love building model cars and have a faithful helper, the Car Modeling Cat. Want to know what we've been up to?



We've just finished this '65 Mercury Park Lane 2 door hardtop on the left  -  note that all the chrome is in place, just like on the real one on the right. I don't care about the engine, but I like to have the outside look as close to the real car as possible. I believe that it is a rather rare model, since I've never seen another. This has always been one of my favorite cars with its square, very Lincoln Continental like lines. Not sure what the CMC likes, since she is a cat and can't talk (at least not that I can understand).

Now we are on to a couple of other classics........


The candy apple red car, is a 1969 Pontiac GTO. The '68 and '69 were in my opinion, two of the best looking years for this car. Funny that I've never made one before now, so the time is right or overdue. The silver model in the background is a '62 Buick Electra 225 2 door hardtop. Great looking car in its day and very large as it was built on the Cadillac frame.


Here you can see the Car Modeling Cat purusing the GTO's instructions to make sure we are putting it together in the correct order. She definitely has no time for glamour shots, but is a very good and willing helper.

F1 starts this weekend.......will Ferrari be as bad as they say they will be or just trying to catch the other top teams off guard? Since it's from Aussieland, I'll have to watch the tape delay. Also NASCAR at Bristol  -  a wild track that has to be seen to be believed. Should be fun.

Until next time.......

3 comments:

  1. The park lane looks amazing. Re: the GTO - I'm guessing that you painted that yourself?

    Maybe the CMC likes the Mercury Cougar? I think the 68 had a nice grill with the hideaway lights.

    Either that or the "Hello Kitty-looking" Chery QQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan,

    All painted by me. The candy colour was achieved by spraying clear red over medium gray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would pay money to see a glamour shot of CMC! C'mon!

    ReplyDelete