About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Nov 2: New Buick cabrio? Stay tuned.


1959 Buick Electra 225
Those were the days. Gas was cheap, the cars took up an entire city block and handling was not something to brag about, ok, it was nonexistent. And that styling, well it definitely stood out. This was the old Buick and one sure doesn't have to go all the way back to '59 to talk about the "old" Buick.

But things have changed. Now Buick is a big player in China and their cars are designed with that country in mind before anything else. Example, the extra roomy back seats, since so many of these cars are chauffeur driven. Buick is also gaining strength here in North America, because their new products are very good, taking on Lexus for great interiors.

So what about this possible new cabrio?


The Cascada is an upcoming Opel/Vauxhall that was shown recently. Now here's the point of this blog (finally).........since Buick often gets Buickized Opels, why not this great looking cabrio? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I see shades of the new BMW 6 series in its smooth flanks. And that is one of my favorite cars.
BMW 645 cabrio
See? Not that far off, except with the price and maybe the Cascada's even better looking. So what do you think, should the Cascada be the next Opel to land on our shores, showing up in showrooms as a Buick? If VW can sell the Eos and Chrysler the 200, surely there is a place for this lovely looking cabrio. As I said at the top, stay tuned!


What's the deal with this pic? There'll be no blog from me until the 13th, since this is where I'll be for the next week. Blogging sure is tiring!

Until the 13th.........


No comments:

Post a Comment