About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My passion is also my business, as I am with the Toronto based Hav-A-Kar Auto Group. I sell or lease any make of car, van or truck available in Canada. My interest in all things "car" has helped me with my many clients in Ontario over the past 25+ years. Please give me the opportunity to assist you.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Nov 15: A Difference of Opinion


After my recent Lexus blog, a reader said they thought Mercedes used to have more "soul". I found this quite interesting, since I have felt just the opposite. Sure Benz has had some classics, but over the last 25 years, I found their designs to have gone from militaristic (like this 1990 E class above) to exciting with bigger motors and better handling.......


I think this 2011 E class coupe is stunning, but yeah, I know coupes always look better. So how about this CLS four door ........


In my opinion over the past six years Benz has nailed each new design. They are trying different cutting edge ideas like the "4 door coupe". When I look back at older models like this S class.......

.........and then compare it to this newer model, I find that their is no comparison.


I used to say that I would never want to own a Benz (and I might never own one), but it won't be for lack of desire. Put me into a 2012 CLS 63 and give me shares in a tire company and I'd be a happy man.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder? Of course and a friend actually told me how he loved Lexus cars and that they were his dream machines (not his exact words). So we all have our opinions, it's just that mine are obviously worth more!

Until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment